Sunday, September 17, 2017

Inheritance

Happy 79th Birthday to my father, Philip Ochieng!

As most of you know, God saw fit to give me three fathers besides Himself. The other patriarchs are Johnny Dorn and John Simpkins (RIP). All of them have shaped the person that I am in countless beneficial ways.

Of course, Philip and I look alike, but it was remarkable to find out how much I have inherited from him without benefit of his interpersonal influence.  

My father is a professional writer who puts forth two columns per week; ditto for me – though I am far less accomplished than he is. I had no contact with Philip until I was in my 30s and, therefore, certainly did not know what he did for a living until then. (We met face-to-face last year for the first time in over 50 years.) But, I knew that I wanted to make a living as a writer when I was 11.

We both speak German.

We have both published books; both of us have done some editing work. And check out the color scheme of our covers!



I picked my book cover's color scheme -- illustrated by Chris Muir of Day by Day Cartoon fame  -- because Albuquerque is the plot's location. (Chris's offerings are not always Safe for Work, which is the only reason I'm not linking to him in this post; my family would not understand.) Still, the similarity, taken together with the others, freaked us both out.

DNA tells the story.

Every Tuesday and Saturday, I blog at the award-winning Da Tech Guy Blog. Latest: We Already Know What Happened.

When you hit the Tip Jar, it helps pays for: A Roof Over My Head, Food, Gasoline, Car Insurance, the writing of My Next Book(s), and Utilities--especially Internet and COFFEE! Yes, coffee is a utility. 

Paypal Me

No comments: