Tuesday, December 15, 2015

LAUSD Shutdown Over Bomb Threat

My alma mater
Officials closed all Los Angeles Unified School District campuses Tuesday morning after receiving a "credible threat" of violence involving backpacks and packages left at campuses. 
Authorities said they plan a search operation of all of the LAUSD's more than 900
schools. The nation's second-largest school district has more than 700,000 students.

“I think it’s important to take this precaution based on what has happened recently and what has happened in the past,” LAUSD Superintendent Ramon Cortines said.
The move comes less than two weeks after two shooters killed 14 people in San Bernardino in what was the deadliest terrorist attack on U.S. soil since Sept. 11.
Think about what this does. Even if the terrorists don't blow anything up, they've shut LA down, business-wise. (For once, I'm glad that I no longer have a car.)

I think it's a giant recon operation; "what will the infidels do if we do this?" Now they know.

UPDATE: New York City received the same threat, but the authorities say it was a hoax and decided to keep schools open. The threat was sent by email and came from Germany. (ht: Ace)

There have been no new donations in over a week.

FUNDRAISER UPDATE: The goal is $1500 in sales and donations by December 31. As of today at 8:30 AM PT, there have been 11 donations totaling $454.00 and one sale totaling $10.99, for a grand total of $464.99. Thank you!


Please contribute to Juliette’s Projects: Kenya Trip, A Roof Over My Head, my Storage Facility, my new novel, this blog, and my Internet--to keep them going and to the COFFEE fund to keep me going!


No comments: